Pumpkin Butter Oatmeal Pie
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Prepare Pastry for Double-Crust Pie. On a lightly floured surface, slightly flatten one portion of dough. Roll dough from center to edge into a 12-inch circle. Wrap pastry circle around rolling pin; unroll into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate without stretching it. Trim pastry even with edge of pie plate.
- Roll the remaining dough until 1/8 inch thick. Cut into 1/2- to 3/4-inch shapes with small cookie or hors d'oeuvre cutters. Brush edge of pastry shell with water; arrange cutouts around edge of shell. Do not prick pastry. Line pastry with a double thickness of foil. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes more or until pastry is set and dry. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the butter over low heat until melted. Cook about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Add oats and walnuts. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until toasted; cool.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl microwave the remaining butter on 100 percent power (high) for 30 to 45 seconds or until melted. Stir in corn syrup; whisk in eggs, pumpkin butter, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Stir in oat mixture. Pour filling into pastry shell.
- Cover edge of pie with foil to prevent overbrowning. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, serve with Sweetened Whipped Cream or vanilla ice cream.
Sweetened Whipped Cream
- In a chilled mixing bowl combine whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
Pastry for Double-Crust Pie
- In a large bowl stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening and butter until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon ice water over part of the flour mixture; toss gently with a fork. Push moistened dough to side of bowl. Repeat with additional ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until all of the flour mixture is moistened. Gather mixture into a ball, kneading gently until it holds together. Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into a ball.
Nutrition Facts (Pumpkin Butter Oatmeal Pie)
- Per serving:
- 652 kcal cal.,
- 37 g fat
- (15 g sat. fat,
- 8 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 99 mg chol.,
- 544 mg sodium,
- 75 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 26 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet