- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread pumpernickel and rye bread cubes in two 15x10x1-inch baking pans. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until bread is dry and lightly toasted, stirring twice; cool.
- Lightly coat a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray; set aside. In a large skillet heat butter over medium-high heat until melted. Add onions and celery; cook about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- In a large bowl combine eggs and broth. Stir in onion mixture, dried cherries, pear, apple, parsley, sage, and pepper. Fold in bread cubes until moistened. Transfer bread mixture to the prepared cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on warm- or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Pumpernickel-Cherry Stuffing)
- Per serving:
- 160 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 31 mg chol.,
- 292 mg sodium,
- 30 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 13 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet