Upload your photo here.
Puffed Oven Pancake with Brown Sugar-Banana Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place the 2 tablespoons butter in a 12-inch oven-going skillet or round heavy metal baking pan. Place skillet in oven for 3 to 5 minutes or until butter is melted.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl beat eggs with a wire whisk or rotary beater. Add flour, milk, and salt; beat until smooth. Immediately pour batter into the hot skillet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and well browned.
- For brown sugar-banana sauce, in a small saucepan combine the 1/2 cup butter and the brown sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until melted. Add bananas; cook about 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring gently. Carefully stir in rum; heat through.
- To serve, spoon sauce over pancake. If desired, sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar and serve with whipped cream. Serve warm.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare brown sugar-banana sauce as directed in Step 3. Place in an airtight container; seal and chill for up to 24 hours. To serve, place in a small saucepan. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until heated through. Prepare Puffed Oven Pancake as directed. Serve pancake with brown sugar-banana sauce.
Nutrition Facts (Puffed Oven Pancake with Brown Sugar-Banana Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 290 kcal cal.,
- 17 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 144 mg chol.,
- 222 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 16 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet