- Makes: 10 servings
- Prep: 50 mins
- Bake: 25 mins 350°F
- Chill: 2 hrs
White Chocolate-Gingerbread Trifle
Ingredients Homemade GingerbreadLemon-White Chocolate CreamCranberry Compote
teaspoons baking soda
tablespoon ground ginger
teaspoon ground cinnamon
cup unsalted butter
cup firmly packed brown sugar
cup lemon juice
ounces white chocolate, chopped
cup whipping cream
12 ounce bag cranberries
cups sliced strawberries
tablespoons silvered candied ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x9x2-inch square pan, then line bottom of pan with parchment paper. In a medium bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In a small saucepan heat the molasses, water, butter, and brown sugar until hot, stirring until butter and brown sugar are melted. In a large bowl whisk the 2 eggs until blended. Slowly whisk in the molasses mixture. Stir in flour mixture. Pour batter in prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a skewer inserted near center comes out clean. Cool gingerbread in pan. Remove from pan. Tear two-thirds of the cake into pieces (about 7 cups). Set aside until ready to assemble trifle. Lemon-White Chocolate Cream:
- in a bowl whisk together egg yolks, whole eggs, sugar, and lemon juice. Transfer to a heavy medium-size saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until thickened. If mixture becomes lumpy, whisk until smooth. Remove from heat. Whisk in white chocolate until smooth. Strain into a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap directly on surface. Refrigerate until cold.
- In a large mixing bowl beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Remove, cover, and chill 1/2 cup of the whipped cream to use as topping. Fold remaining whipped cream into cold Lemon-White Chocolate Cream; refrigerated until ready to assemble trifle. Cranberry Compote:
- in a medium saucepan combine cranberries, water, and sugar. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cranberries are soft. Cool completely. Stir in strawberries Trifle Assembly:
- LAYER 1 In a 7- to 9-inch trifle bowl or other container, spoon in half the Lemon-White Chocolate Cream.
- LAYER 2 Evenly top with pieces of Homemade Gingerbread.
- LAYER 3 Spoon remaining Lemon-White Chocolate Cream on gingerbread layer.
- LAYER 4 Top with Cranberry Compote.
- LAYER 5 Top with the 1/2 cup reserved whipped cream and slivered candied ginger.
Nutrition Facts (White Chocolate-Gingerbread Trifle)
- Per serving:
- 452 kcal cal.,
- 21 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 205 mg chol.,
- 257 mg sodium,
- 63 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 39 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet