Impress your guests with this delicious holiday dessert. This recipe includes chocolate, cinnamon, cranberry, and ginger. Serve on a footed cake plate for an elegant presentation.
- Makes: 12 servings
teaspoons baking powder
teaspoon ground ginger
teaspoon ground nutmeg
teaspoon ground cinnamon
cup butter (no substitutes), softened
ounces milk chocolate, melted and cooled
recipe Cranberry-Kumquat Compote
- Grease and flour a 2-1/2-quart heatproof bowl or 10-cup covered pudding mold. In small bowl stir together flour, baking powder, spices; set aside.
- Beat butter on medium to high 30 seconds. Add sugar; beat until combined. One at a time, add eggs and egg whites; beat on low after each. Stir in melted chocolate. Alternately add flour mix and milk; beat on low after each. Pour into prepared bowl or mold. Cover with greased foil pressed against edge or lid.
- Place bowl or mold on rack in Dutch oven; add water 1 inch up bowl or mold sides. Cover, bring water to boiling. Reduce to simmering. Steam 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until pick inserted in center comes out clean. Check water level every 30 minutes; add boiling water as needed.
- Remove bowl or mold from Dutch oven; remove cover. Cool 10 minutes; unmold onto serving platter. Cool 30 minutes. Serve warm with Cranberry-Kumquat Compote and whipped cream. Serves 12.
cups halved and seeded kumquats
cup packed brown sugar
cup cranberry juice
3 inch cinnamon stick
cup dried cherries
cup chopped toasted pecans
- In medium saucepan combine kumquats, brown sugar, cranberry juice, cinnamon stick, and bay leaf. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 3 minutes or until kumquats soften slightly. Stir in cranberries and dried cherries. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 8 minutes until thickened. Discard cinnamon and bay leaf. Stir in toasted pecans. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (Steamed Pudding)
- Per serving:
- 394 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 51 mg chol.,
- 112 mg sodium,
- 72 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 53 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet