Raisin Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce
- Arrange bread cubes in a single layer in a 2-quart square baking dish or 10x2-inch round baking dish.
- Beat the 2/3 cup sugar and butter until creamy. Add eggs; beat until fluffy. Stir in the 1 cup whipping cream, raisins, and vanilla. Pour over bread cubes.
- Place baking dish in a larger baking pan on the oven rack. Pour boiling water into larger pan around dish to a depth of 1 inch. Bake in a 325 degree F. oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove dish from hot water. Cool slightly.
- In a small saucepan combine the 3/4 cup sugar, the cornstarch, and cinnamon. Stir in the 3/4 cup whipping cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Remove from heat; stir in bourbon.
- Serve warm bread pudding with the whiskey sauce. Store any remaining sauce in a covered container in refrigerator. Reheat over low heat, stirring occasionally. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Raisin Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 587 kcal cal.,
- 36 g fat
- (21 g sat. fat,
- 187 mg chol.,
- 252 mg sodium,
- 62 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Bj (Beverly jan) Howell 1375 Days Ago
Just have to make this because my sweet tooth begs for it or either pralines and it's usually a toss up as to which one finds it's way to my stomach. Bless my Cajun Roots.