Pumpkin Custards with Peppery Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin, cream, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Beat with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Place four 6-ounce custard cups in a 2-quart square baking dish. Divide pumpkin mixture among cups. Place baking dish on an oven rack. Pour boiling water into baking dish around cups to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the centers comes out clean. Remove cups from water; cool on a wire rack. If desired, cover and chill for 1 to 8 hours.
- To serve, unmold custards onto four dessert plates. Sprinkle with Peppery Pecans and drizzle with maple syrup. Makes 4 servings.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with foil; lightly coat foil with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine pecans, sugar, corn syrup, and cayenne pepper. Spread nuts in the prepared baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes, stirring twice. Spread on a piece of greased foil to cool. Break into clusters. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 24 hours. Use to top puddings, ice cream, or salads. Makes about 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts (Pumpkin Custards with Peppery Pecans)
- Per serving:
- 375 kcal cal.,
- 24 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 167 mg chol.,
- 207 mg sodium,
- 37 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 30 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet