Pineapple Bread Pudding with Rum Cream
- Lightly coat a 2-quart square baking dish with cooking oil or nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine undrained pineapple, milk, egg product or eggs, honey, vanilla, cardamom or nutmeg, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the bread cubes. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in a 325 degree F oven about 35 minutes or until pudding is puffed and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand at room temperature about 20 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, stir together yogurt and rum.
- To serve, cut bread pudding into squares and top each serving with a dollop of yogurt mixture. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Makes 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
1/2 fruit, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Nutrition Facts (Pineapple Bread Pudding with Rum Cream)
- Per serving:
- 162 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 163 mg sodium,
- 30 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet