Peanut Butter Mousse
2 ounce bittersweet or semisweet chocolate bar
cup whipping cream
8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
cup creamy peanut butter (do not use natural peanut butter)
cup sifted powdered sugar
recipe Chocolate Ganache
- For chocolate curls, with a vegetable peeler scrape along the edge of the chocolate bar to get small shavings; set aside.
- In a chilled small mixing bowl beat whipping cream with chilled beaters of an electric mixer on low to medium speed until soft peaks form; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese, peanut butter, and milk with an electric mixer until combined. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla until mixture is smooth. Gently fold in beaten whipped cream, half at a time, until mixture is smooth. Cover and chill for 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- To serve, using a pastry bag* fitted with a very large star tip pipe peanut butter mousse into the bowl of 16 teaspoons. Using a pastry bag fitted with a small round tip, pipe Chocolate Ganache over peanut butter mousse on spoons. Sprinkle mousse with chocolate curls. Makes 16 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Kitchen Tip:
Instead of a pastry bag, fill a plastic sandwich bag with mousse. Snip one of the bottom corners and squeeze the mousse from the bag. The technique works for the ganache too.
tablespoons whipping cream
ounces chopped bittersweet or milk chocolate
- In a small saucepan bring 3 tablespoons whipping cream just to boiling over medium-high heat. Remove from heat. Add 1 1/2 ounces chopped bittersweet or milk chocolate (do not stir). Let stand 5 minutes. Stir until smooth.
Nutrition Facts(Peanut Butter Mousse)
- Per serving:
- 146 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 19 mg chol.,
- 75 mg sodium,
- 8 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet