Maple Ricotta Flans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Divide the 1/4 cup maple syrup among six 6-ounce custard cups; tilt custard cups to coat bottoms evenly.
- In a bowl combine eggs, cheese, sugar, vanilla, and remaining teaspoon maple syrup. Mix until well combined but not foamy. Place the custard cups in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Divide egg mixture among custard cups. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Place the baking dish on an oven rack. Pour boiling water into the baking dish around custard cups to a depth of 1 inch. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the centers comes out clean.
- Remove cups from water. Cool completely in custard cups. Cover and chill until serving time. To unmold flans, loosen edges with a knife, slipping point of knife down sides to let air in. Invert a dessert plate over each flan; turn custard cup and plate over together. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Maple Ricotta Flans)
- Per serving:
- 364 kcal ,
- 19 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 266 mg chol. ,
- 161 mg sodium ,
- 30 g carb. ,
- 26 g sugar ,
- 18 g pro.
Stephanie O'Leary 1686 Days Ago
I haven't had a chance to try this yet, but noticed an error in the measurements. The ingredient list states 1/4 tsp of maple syrup, but the directions state to use the 1/4 CUP of syrup to coat the custard cup bottoms. A quarter cup makes more sense, so that's what I'll use when I try it!