Maple-Pecan Bread Pudding
cups French bread cubes
cups half-and-half or light cream
teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
cup orange juice
cup maple syrup or maple-flavor syrup
teaspoon whole allspice
teaspoon whole cloves
3-inch piece stick cinnamon
cup small pecan halves, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place bread cubes in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until toasted, stirring twice. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Stir together beaten eggs, half-and-half or light cream, sugar, vanilla, and orange peel in a medium mixing bowl just until combined. Divide bread cubes evenly among four 8- to 10-ounce au gratin dishes or individual casseroles. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread cubes. Bake in the 325 degree F oven about 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine orange juice, syrup, allspice, cloves, and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Heat to boiling heat. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Remove spices with a slotted spoon. Simmer, uncovered, about 8 minutes more or until reduced to 1/2 cup. Stir in toasted pecan halves. Cool slightly. Spoon sauce over warm bread pudding. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Maple-Pecan Bread Pudding)
- Per serving:
- 543 kcal cal.,
- 21 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 193 mg chol.,
- 297 mg sodium,
- 79 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 11 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet