- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup uncooked short grain rice (sushi rice)
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 mangoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Sun Maid® raisins
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lime peel
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup small mint leaves or coarsely snipped mint leaves
1. In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan combine milk, rum, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Bring to a simmer; stir in rice. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 30 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened and rice is tender.
2. In a large bowl whisk egg yolks until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Gradually whisk about 2 cups of the rice mixture into the egg yolks.
3. Return the egg yolk mixture to the saucepan. Bring mixture just to a boil over medium low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
4. Fold in the mangoes, raisins, lime peel, and lime juice. Pour mixture into a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Cover and chill for 2 to 3 hours before serving. Garnish with mint.