Dulce de Leche Bread Pudding with Glazed Pears
- Generously butter eight 8- to 10-ounce ramekins or custard cups. Divide bread cubes among prepared dishes.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, dulce de leche, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat with a wire whisk or an electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
- Pour egg mixture over bread in dishes; press lightly with the back of a spoon to moisten bread. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place dishes in a large roasting pan. Place roasting pan on an oven rack. Pour boiling water into roasting pan to reach halfway up sides of dishes. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Remove dishes from water. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread pudding from dishes. Serve warm with Brown Butter-Glazed Pears.
Brown Butter-Glazed Pears
- In a large skillet heat butter over medium-low heat until melted. Continue heating until butter turns a light golden brown. Stir in brown sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes. Stir in dulce de leche and vanilla. Stir in pears. Cook over low heat about 5 minutes or until pears are tender, stirring occasionally. Serve warm.