Creamy Pumpkin Rice Pudding
cup uncooked long grain rice
eggs, lightly beaten
cup Pumpkin Puree (see Recipe Center) or canned pumpkin
cup packed brown sugar
teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
cup dried cranberries or raisins
medium red apple and/or green pear, cored and thinly sliced (1 cup)
cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In small saucepan combine water and rice. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring once.
- In medium bowl combine eggs, milk, Pumpkin Puree, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and salt. Stir in rice and 1/2 cup of the cranberries. Pour mixture into 1-1/2-quart straight-sided deep baking dish. Place dish in baking pan on oven rack. Pour boiling water into baking pan until water comes halfway up sides of baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes; stir. Bake 35 minutes more or until outside edge appears set. Remove dish from oven. Cool slightly on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in bowl combine remaining 1/4 cup cranberries and boiling water to cover. Let stand 15 minutes; drain. Just before serving, toss together apple, walnuts, honey, and cranberries. Spoon over pudding. Serve warm. Makes 6 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
To store, cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
Nutrition Facts(Creamy Pumpkin Rice Pudding)
- Per serving:
- 295 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 109 mg chol.,
- 156 mg sodium,
- 47 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 33 g sugar,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet