Creamy Pumpkin Rice Pudding
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In small saucepan combine water and rice. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring once.
- In medium bowl combine eggs, milk, Pumpkin Puree, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and salt. Stir in rice and 1/2 cup of the cranberries. Pour mixture into 1-1/2-quart straight-sided deep baking dish. Place dish in baking pan on oven rack. Pour boiling water into baking pan until water comes halfway up sides of baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes; stir. Bake 35 minutes more or until outside edge appears set. Remove dish from oven. Cool slightly on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in bowl combine remaining 1/4 cup cranberries and boiling water to cover. Let stand 15 minutes; drain. Just before serving, toss together apple, walnuts, honey, and cranberries. Spoon over pudding. Serve warm. Makes 6 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
To store, cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Creamy Pumpkin Rice Pudding)
- Per serving:
- 295 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 109 mg chol.,
- 156 mg sodium,
- 47 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 33 g sugar,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet