Coconut Panna Cotta with Tropical Fruit
- Sprinkle gelatin evenly over 1/4 cup cool water in a small bowl. Set aside to soften.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the coconut cream and coconut milk over medium heat until the sides begin to bubble. Reduce heat and whisk in the softened gelatin, stirring until completely dissolved.
- Fill a large bowl with ice cold water. Strain coconut mixture into a bowl that will fit easily into the bowl of cold water. Set bowl of coconut mixture into bowl of water to cool, stirring every few minutes with a rubber spatula until the mixture starts to thicken and replacing cold water occasionally. If mixture starts to set, remove it immediately.
- Remove bowl of coconut mixture from bowl of water. Empty water and wipe the bowl dry. In dry bowl, stir cream and confectioners' sugar together until sugar is dissolved. Stir into coconut mixture. Divide among six 7- to 8-oz. custard cups. Chill until firm, at least 6 hours.
- To serve, top with fruit and a drizzle of rum. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Coconut Panna Cotta with Tropical Fruit)
- Per serving:
- 686 kcal cal.,
- 68 g fat
- (52 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 110 mg chol.,
- 43 mg sodium,
- 19 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 9 g sugar,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet