egg yolks, lightly beaten
recipe Cranberry Crunch topping, below
- In large heavy saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in milk. Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Gradually stir 1 cup of the milk mixture into egg yolks.
- Add egg mixture to milk mixture in saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil; reduce heat. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla. Pour pudding in bowl; cover surface of pudding with plastic wrap. Let stand at room temperature up to 1 hour; refrigerate to store longer.
- To serve, sprinkle Cranberry Crunch on top; pass remaining. Makes 8 servings.
crushed purchased biscotti
cup roasted pistachios
cup dried cranberries
tablespoons crystallized ginger
- In a bowl combine biscotti, pistachios, cranberries, crystallized ginger, and sugar.
Nutrition Facts(Christmas Pudding)
- Per serving:
- 375 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 177 mg chol.,
- 99 mg sodium,
- 60 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 50 g sugar,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet