Chocolate Pudding Wedges with Cinnamon Toasts
cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
cup granulated sugar
cups whole milk
cup whipping cream
ounces bittersweet chocolate (60 percent to 62 percent cacao), chopped
tablespoons dark rum (optional)
teaspoons vanilla extract
cup packed brown sugar
tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4-inch thick baguette slices
Natural unsweetened cocoa powder
Dark grapes (optional)
- In large heavy saucepan whisk cocoa powder, granulated sugar, cornstarch, and 1/4 tsp. salt. Add 1/2 cup of the milk; whisk to a smooth paste. Whisk in remaining milk and whipping cream. Stir constantly over medium heat until pudding thickens and begins to bubble at edges. Stir 30 seconds more. Add chocolate; stir 1 minute to melt. Remove from heat; stir in rum and vanilla.
- Transfer pudding to lightly oiled 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Cook, uncovered, for 2 hours at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- For cinnamon toasts, in small bowl combine brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and 1/8 tsp. salt. Spread on one side of each baguette slice. Place on baking sheet. Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until toasted and sugar mixture is bubbly.
- Sprinkle pudding with additional cocoa powder. To serve, cut in wedges or, with a large spoon, spoon in free-form wedges. Serve with cinnamon toasts and grapes. Makes 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Chocolate Pudding Wedges with Cinnamon Toasts)
- Per serving:
- 310 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 25 mg chol.,
- 208 mg sodium,
- 39 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 21 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet