Chocolate Pudding Wedges with Cinnamon Toasts
- In large heavy saucepan whisk cocoa powder, granulated sugar, cornstarch, and 1/4 tsp. salt. Add 1/2 cup of the milk; whisk to a smooth paste. Whisk in remaining milk and whipping cream. Stir constantly over medium heat until pudding thickens and begins to bubble at edges. Stir 30 seconds more. Add chocolate; stir 1 minute to melt. Remove from heat; stir in rum and vanilla.
- Transfer pudding to lightly oiled 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Cook, uncovered, for 2 hours at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- For cinnamon toasts, in small bowl combine brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and 1/8 tsp. salt. Spread on one side of each baguette slice. Place on baking sheet. Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until toasted and sugar mixture is bubbly.
- Sprinkle pudding with additional cocoa powder. To serve, cut in wedges or, with a large spoon, spoon in free-form wedges. Serve with cinnamon toasts and grapes. Makes 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate Pudding Wedges with Cinnamon Toasts)
- Per serving:
- 310 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 25 mg chol.,
- 208 mg sodium,
- 39 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 21 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet