- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1 pound loaf purchased or homemade banana bread
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half or light cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 25 milk chocolate kisses or chocolate truffles
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut banana bread into 1-inch cubes. Place bread cubes in an ungreased 2-quart square baking dish.
2. In a medium bowl, combine egg yolks, half-and-half, and sugar. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread cubes; press lightly with the back of a large spoon to moisten bread.
3. Bake, uncovered, for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean (center will appear moist but will set up while cooling).
4. Immediately cut bread pudding into 25 squares. Place a chocolate kiss on top of each square. Cool for 30 minutes before serving. Makes 25 servings.
- Prepare as directed through step 2. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degrees F oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean (center will appear moist but will set up while cooling). Continue as directed.