Apricot-Pumpkin Bread Pudding
Also try this fruity holiday dessert with raisins or dried cherries in place of the snipped dried apricots.
- Makes: 9 servings
- Bake: 45 mins to 50 mins 350°F
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat a 2-quart square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In the prepared baking dish, combine bread cubes and dried apricots; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine milk, pumpkin, egg, sugar, and cinnamon or mace. Slowly pour pumpkin mixture over bread mixture in baking dish. Gently press bread mixture down into liquid to moisten. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly; serve warm. If desired, serve with dessert topping. Makes 9 servings.
Choose from Splenda Granular or Sweet 'N Low bulk or packets. Follow the package directions to use the amount equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Per serving:
- 117 kcal cal.,
- 1 g fat
- 1 mg chol.,
- 135 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet