- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Chill: 6 hrs to 24 hrs
Almond Panna Cotta with Mocha Sauce
cup whole blanched almonds, toasted
envelope unflavored gelatin
cups whipping cream
Sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- Place whole almonds in a food processor. Cover and process to make a smooth butter; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan stir together sugar and gelatin. Add cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in almond butter, milk, and salt. Pour into six 6-ounce individual molds, ramekins, or custard cups. Cover and chill for 6 to 24 hours or until set.
- Using a knife, loosen panna cotta from sides of dishes and invert onto six dessert plates. Spoon or drizzle some of the Mocha Sauce around panna cotta. Serve with remaining sauce and, if desired, garnish with sliced almonds.
ounces chopped bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
cup whipping cream
teaspoon instant espresso coffee powder
- In a small saucepan cook and stir chopped bittersweet or semisweet chocolate over low heat until melted. Stir in whipping cream, sugar, and instant espresso coffee powder or instant coffee crystals. Cook and stir over medium-low heat about 3 minutes or just until bubbly around edge. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (Almond Panna Cotta with Mocha Sauce)
- 730 kcal cal.;
- 59 g Fat, total;
- 148 mg chol.;
- 30 g sat. fat;
- 49 g carb.;
- 4 g fiber;
- 10 g pro.;
- 110 mg sodium
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet