Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Recreate a takeout favorite right at home, and for less calories.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 pounds uncooked ground chicken breast
- 3 green onions
- 1 8 ounce can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots (2 medium)
- 1 cup frozen sweet soybeans (edamame)
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese-style hot mustard
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 12 leaves butterhead (Bibb or Boston) lettuce or iceberg lettuce
- Asian chili sauce (optional)
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet and cook until no longer pink, using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Thinly slice white parts of green onions; set aside. Cut the green parts of green onions into slivers; set aside.
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine cooked chicken, the white parts of green onions, the water chestnuts, carrots, frozen edamame, soy sauce, mustard, teriyaki sauce, vinegar, and pepper. Pour broth over all.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Strain mixture, discarding cooking liquid. Stir hoisin sauce and the green onion slivers into chicken mixture. Serve with lettuce leaves and, if desired, Asian chili sauce and sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts (Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps)
- Per serving:
- 258 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 88 mg chol.,
- 538 mg sodium,
- 13 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 40 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet