Pressnitz (Walnut Crescents)
- In a large bowl combine butter, ricotta cheese, and salt. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed about 30 seconds or until smooth. Stir in flour with a wooden spoon. Shape dough into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheets. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/2 inch thickness. Fold in half; roll to a 15x12-inch rectangle, about 1/8 inch thick. Cut into 3-inch squares.
- In a small bowl combine walnuts, sugar, orange marmalade, orange peel, and cinnamon. Place a slightly rounded teaspoon of the walnut mixture on each dough square. Fold one corner of each dough square over the filling; roll to the opposite corner and press to seal. If necessary, brush underside of each dough point with water before pressing to seal. Shape into crescents. Place crescents on prepared cookie sheets.
- In a small bowl beat together egg and the water. Brush egg mixture over crescents.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack; cool.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
Nutrition Facts (Pressnitz (Walnut Crescents))
- Per serving:
- 126 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 25 mg chol.,
- 80 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet