Power Kale Salad
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lbs.)
tablespoons olive oil
seedless tangerines or oranges
teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
cup dried tart red cherries
cup pomegranate-blueberry juice blend
tablespoon red wine vinegar
ounces green or purple kale leaves, shredded (4 cups)
red or green pear, cored and thinly sliced
ounce Parmesan cheese, shaved
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Brush chicken with 1 Tbsp. of the olive oil. Transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet. Finely shred 2 tsp. peel from the tangerines. Peel tangerines; slice crosswise and set aside. Sprinkle chicken with tangerine peel, 1/4 tsp. of the salt, and 1/4 tsp. of the pepper. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until done (165 degrees F). Transfer to a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place cherries in a small microwave-safe bowl. Add pomegranate-blueberry juice; microwave 30 seconds. Let stand 10 minutes. Drain cherries, reserving juice; set cherries aside.
- For dressing, in a small bowl whisk together reserved juice, remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil, vinegar, remaining 1/4 tsp. salt, and remaining 1/4 tsp. pepper. Pour half of the dressing into a large bowl. Add kale and onion; toss to coat. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Slice chicken; arrange over kale mixture with tangerines and pear. Top with cherries and Parmesan cheese. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
Nutrition Facts(Power Kale Salad)
- Per serving:
- 434 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 95 mg chol.,
- 559 mg sodium,
- 39 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 29 g sugar,
- 35 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet