Upload your photo here.
Pounded Almond Chicken with Mushroom-Tequila Sauce
- Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound chicken lightly until about 1/4 inch thick. In shallow bowl combine ground nuts, flour, and salt. In another shallow bowl combine egg and milk.
- In an extra large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and poblano chile pepper. Cook and stir for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Remove mushroom mixture from skillet; set aside. Wipe skillet clean.
- In the same skillet heat remaining 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Dip chicken into egg mixture and then into nut mixture to coat. Cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Transfer chicken to a platter; cover and keep warm.
- For sauce, remove skillet from heat. Add the tequila to the hot skillet, stirring to loosen any brown bits. Return skillet to heat. Add broth, green onion, and thyme. Stir in mushroom mixture and cracked pepper. Add butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring until butter melts after each addition. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes more or until sauce slightly thickens. Serve chicken with sauce and, if desired, the cooked rice.
From the Test Kitchen
To grind nuts, place whole blanched or unblanched almonds in a food processor or blender. Cover and process until finely ground. Do not over-process or the nuts will turn to nut butter.
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Nutrition Facts (Pounded Almond Chicken with Mushroom-Tequila Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 469 kcal cal.,
- 27 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 14 g monounsatured fat),
- 135 mg chol.,
- 428 mg sodium,
- 14 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 35 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet