Vanilla-Sparkling Wine Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan; set aside. In large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Sift mixture; set aside. Stir together sparkling wine and sour cream; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl beat sugar, melted butter, and oil with electric mixer until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla paste. Beat on medium to high 3 to 5 minutes or until thicker and lighter in color. Add one-third the flour mixture; beat on low just until combined, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Add half the wine mixture; beat just until combined. Repeat with one-third the flour mixture, the remaining wine mixture, and remaining flour mixture. With rubber spatula scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Turn out on rack; cool completely. Drizzle with Sparkling Wine Glaze. Makes 16 servings.
Sparkling Wine Glaze
- In small bowl combine powdered sugar and 1 Tbsp. sparkling wine. Stir in additional wine, 1 tsp. at a time, to reach drizzling consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Vanilla-Sparkling Wine Pound Cake)
- Per serving:
- 361 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 90 mg chol.,
- 145 mg sodium,
- 51 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 33 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet