Seared Nectarines with Angel Food Cake
ripe medium nectarines and/or peaches, quartered and pitted
teaspoon ground cinnamon
tablespoons orange juice
7 inch angel food cake
- In a small bowl, mix together ground cinnamon and orange juice. Brush the nectarines with the cinnamon mixture and reserve excess liquid for the angel food cake. For a charcoal grill, cook nectarines directly over medium coals for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. (For gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and grill as above.)
- Cut four 2-inch slices of angel food cake (reserve remaining cake for another use). Brush one side of cake slices with orange juice mixture.
- Grill cake slices on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn and grill 1 to 2 minutes more. (Or cook cake on a griddle over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes per side.)
- To serve, place cake slice on a plate or bowl. Spoon nectarines on top or alongside. Drizzle with honey. Top with fresh berries. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts(Seared Nectarines with Angel Food Cake)
- Per serving:
- 106 kcal cal.,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 213 mg sodium,
- 24 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet