Dried Fruit Tea Cakes
Chock-full of dried fruit and drizzled with a bourbon glaze, these cakes are just right for sharing at Christmas time.
- Makes: 13 servings
- Yields: 13 mini loaves
- Prep: 40 mins
- Bake: 18 mins 350°F
- Cool: 10 mins
- In a small bowl combine fruit and bourbon. Cover; let stand 1 hour. Drain fruit, reserving liquid for Bourbon Drizzle (below). Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat pans with cooking spray (see chart, below).
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large mixing bowl beat butter 30 seconds with electric mixer on medium to high speed. Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, to butter mixture, beating well after each addition. Alternately add the dry ingredients and milk to butter mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in drained fruit.
- Spread batter in prepared pans. Bake until pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 18 to 20 minutes for mini loaf pans. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove. Spoon on Bourbon Drizzle. Top with candied orange peel, if desired. Cool on wire rack. Makes 13 mini loaves.
Lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray or grease and flour the bottom and 12-inch up sides of loaf pans or muffin cups.
Pan size Amt. batter Time Yield
3-1/4 x2-1/4 x 1-1/4-inch 13 cup 18 to 20 min. 13
4-1/2 x 2-1/2 x 1-1/2-inch 12 cup 18 to 20 min. 9
9 x5 x 3-inch Entire recipe 1 hour 1
2-1/2-inch muffin cups 3 Tbsp. 15 min. 24
- Measure reserved soaking liquid; add water to equal 1/2 cup. In a small saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch; add reserved liquid mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Cool 10 minutes; spoon over cakes. Makes about 2/3 cup.