White Chili with Salsa Verde
- For Salsa Verde, in a medium mixing bowl stir together tomatillos, onion, serrano or jalapeno peppers, cilantro or parsley, lime peel, and sugar. Cover and chill up to 2 days or freeze up to 1 month; thaw before using.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven cook ground turkey, onion, and garlic until turkey is no longer pink and onion is tender. Drain fat from pan, if necessary.
- Stir in the 3 cups water, beans, undrained chili peppers, chicken bouillon granules, cumin, and pepper. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl stir together the 1/4 cup water and the flour. Add flour mixture to the chili mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Top each serving with some of the shredded cheese and the Salsa Verde. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (White Chili with Salsa Verde)
- Per serving:
- 319 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 57 mg chol.,
- 927 mg sodium,
- 24 g carb.,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet