- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3/4 pound ground raw turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups water
- 1 15 ounce can great northern or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chilies
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)
- 5 - 6 fresh tomatillos (6 to 8 ounces), husks removed, and finely chopped, or one 13-ounce can tomatillos, drained, rinsed, and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 serrano or jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
1. For Salsa Verde, in a medium mixing bowl stir together tomatillos, onion, serrano or jalapeno peppers, cilantro or parsley, lime peel, and sugar. Cover and chill up to 2 days or freeze up to 1 month; thaw before using.
2. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven cook ground turkey, onion, and garlic until turkey is no longer pink and onion is tender. Drain fat from pan, if necessary.
3. Stir in the 3 cups water, beans, undrained chili peppers, chicken bouillon granules, cumin, and pepper. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
4. In a small bowl stir together the 1/4 cup water and the flour. Add flour mixture to the chili mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Top each serving with some of the shredded cheese and the Salsa Verde. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 319,
- Fat, total (g) 16,
- chol. (mg) 57,
- sat. fat (g) 7,
- carb. (g) 24,
- pro. (g) 26,
- sodium (mg) 927,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet