Stuffed Chicken Breasts
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
2 1/2 ounce jar sliced mushrooms, drained
cup fine dry bread crumbs
teaspoon dried sage, crushed
teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
Dash garlic salt
Dash black pepper
tablespoons chicken broth
cup chicken broth
tablespoon dry white wine
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Working from center to the edges, pound lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet to 1/8-inch thickness. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together mushrooms, bread crumbs, sage, marjoram, garlic salt, black pepper, and 2 tablespoons chicken broth. Spoon one-fourth of the mixture onto the short end of each chicken breast. Fold in long sides of chicken and roll up into a spiral, starting from the short edge. Secure with wooden toothpicks. Place in a 4- or 6-quart pressure cooker and add 1/2 cup chicken broth or stock.
- Lock lid in place. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe (if you have a first-generation cooker). Over high heat, bring cooker up to pressure. Reduce heat just enough to maintain pressure and pressure regulator rocks gently; cook for 5 minutes.
- Quick-release the pressure. Carefully remove lid. Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm.
- For sauce, strain liquid in cooker through a sieve; return liquid to cooker. In a small bowl stir together cornstarch and wine. Add to liquid in cooker. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Serve sauce over chicken. Makes 4 main-dish serving.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare chicken rolls. Cover and chill up to 24 hours. Cook and serve as above.
Nutrition Facts(Stuffed Chicken Breasts)
- Per serving:
- 191 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 60 mg chol.,
- 375 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 24 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet