Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Working from center to the edges, pound lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet to 1/8-inch thickness. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together mushrooms, bread crumbs, sage, marjoram, garlic salt, black pepper, and 2 tablespoons chicken broth. Spoon one-fourth of the mixture onto the short end of each chicken breast. Fold in long sides of chicken and roll up into a spiral, starting from the short edge. Secure with wooden toothpicks. Place in a 4- or 6-quart pressure cooker and add 1/2 cup chicken broth or stock.
- Lock lid in place. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe (if you have a first-generation cooker). Over high heat, bring cooker up to pressure. Reduce heat just enough to maintain pressure and pressure regulator rocks gently; cook for 5 minutes.
- Quick-release the pressure. Carefully remove lid. Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm.
- For sauce, strain liquid in cooker through a sieve; return liquid to cooker. In a small bowl stir together cornstarch and wine. Add to liquid in cooker. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Serve sauce over chicken. Makes 4 main-dish serving.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare chicken rolls. Cover and chill up to 24 hours. Cook and serve as above.
Nutrition Facts (Stuffed Chicken Breasts)
- Per serving:
- 191 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 60 mg chol.,
- 375 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 24 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet