- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 6 3/4ounce package Spanish rice pilaf mix or one 6.8-ounce package Spanish-flavored rice-and-vermicelli mix
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green sweet pepper, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 14 1/2ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chili peppers
1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Prepare the rice mix according to package directions, omitting any of the fat or cooking oil they suggest you add.
2. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook the chicken, sweet pepper, red onion, and thyme in the skillet until the chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
3. Stir in the undrained tomatoes, wine, and garlic. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer the mixture, uncovered, for about 10 minutes.
4. Add shrimp, peas, and chili peppers. Cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve over rice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 361,
- Fat, total (g) 3,
- chol. (mg) 122,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 51,
- pro. (g) 31,
- sodium (mg) 1340,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet