- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 30 mins
Spanish Rice with Chicken and Shrimp
ounces fresh or frozen large shrimp, peeled and deveined
6 3/4 ounce package Spanish rice pilaf mix or one 6.8-ounce package Spanish-flavored rice-and-vermicelli mix
Nonstick cooking spray
ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
medium green sweet pepper, chopped (3/4 cup)
teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
cup dry white wine or chicken broth
clove garlic, minced
cup frozen peas, thawed
4 ounce can diced green chili peppers
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Prepare the rice mix according to package directions, omitting any of the fat or cooking oil they suggest you add.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook the chicken, sweet pepper, red onion, and thyme in the skillet until the chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the undrained tomatoes, wine, and garlic. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer the mixture, uncovered, for about 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp, peas, and chili peppers. Cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve over rice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Spanish Rice with Chicken and Shrimp)
- Per serving:
- 361 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 122 mg chol.,
- 1340 mg sodium,
- 51 g carb.,
- 31 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet