This easy chicken soup makes a tasty lunch for kids after a morning of sledding. Dumplings look like snowballs floating in this chicken and vegetable soup.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Start to Finish: 30 mins
- Put carrots and celery in a saucepan. Add broth and pepper to the saucepan.
- Put saucepan on burner. Turn the burner to high heat. Cook until mixture boils. Turn burner to medium-low heat. Put lid on saucepan and cook for 10 minutes. Use a wooden spoon to stir in the chicken.
- Meanwhile, put the biscuit mix and milk in a bowl. Stir together with a large spoon.
- Take lid off saucepan. For dumplings, spoon dough in 12 mounds on top of broth mixture. Put lid back on saucepan. Cook 10 minutes more or until a toothpick inserted into a dumpling comes out clean. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Snowball Soup)
- Per serving:
- 234 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 35 mg chol.,
- 959 mg sodium,
- 24 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 16 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet