Skillet Sausage and Potatoes
- To transport, pack ingredients, transporting sausage in an insulated cooler with ice packs.
- To cook, pour 3 tablespoons oil into a heavy 12-inch ovenproof skillet; place directly over campfire or on range top. Lift and tilt skillet to cover bottom with oil. Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes; cut onions into thin wedges or chop. Cook potatoes and onions, uncovered, in hot oil over medium-high heat about 12 minutes or until potatoes are nearly tender, stirring occasionally.
- Diagonally slice sausage 1/4 inch thick; add sausage to potato mixture. Add 1 tablespoon oil if necessary to prevent sticking. Cook, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until potatoes and onions are tender and slightly brown, stirring often.
- Stir in thyme, cumin seed, salt, and pepper; cook and stir 1 minute more. Makes 6 main-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts (Skillet Sausage and Potatoes)
- Per serving:
- 270 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 24 mg chol.,
- 419 mg sodium,
- 36 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 10 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
englishlinda1 22 Days Ago
Such a quick and easy and hearty meal. I also added red and yellow peppers, purple onion and I was out of Cumin seed so added a little coriander and fresh cilantro. Soooo tasty!
Patti Humble 247 Days Ago
i dont have cummin...is it going to still turn out??
Morgan Loftis 266 Days Ago
This was really yummy! I added a smidge of cayenne to give it a kick and a little turmeric as well.
Darcus Wayt 292 Days Ago
So I made this for dinner tonight except that I added a green pepper, !/2 a red pepper, garlic and red pepper flakes! EASY and AWESOME! Next time Ill make a double batch so we can have leftovers for lunch the next day!!!