Roasted Potato and Turkey Salad
tiny new potatoes (about 1 pound)
tablespoons olive oil
cup olive oil
tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
cloves garlic, minced
pound fully cooked turkey, cut into strips (3 cups)
slices bacon or turkey bacon, crisp-cooked, drained and crumbled
cup snipped Italian parsley
cups torn mixed greens, such as romaine, spinach or leaf lettuce
- Scrub potatoes; prick 2 or 3 times with a fork. Place potatoes in a shallow baking pan; drizzle with the 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and first 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Bake in a 400 degree F. oven about 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring twice. Cool completely. Cut cooled potatoes into quarters.
- For dressing, in a small bowl whisk together 1/3 cup olive oil, mustard, garlic,and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- In a large bowl combine potatoes, turkey, bacon, onion, and parsley. Add dressing; toss gently to coat. Arrange greens on salad plates; spoon turkey mixture atop. Makes 6 main-dish servings.
- Roast potatoes up to 24 hours in advance. Cut chilled potatoes into quarters. Prepare dressing up to 24 hours in advance; cover and chill.
Nutrition Facts(Roasted Potato and Turkey Salad)
- Per serving:
- 359 kcal cal.,
- 20 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 63 mg chol.,
- 422 mg sodium,
- 20 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet