Poached Chicken Breasts with Apples
cup apple juice or apple cider
teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
clove garlic, minced
teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
dash of pepper
small (12 ounces total) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
medium apple, cored and thinly sliced
cup sliced green onions
- In a 10-inch skillet combine apple juice, bouillon granules, garlic, tarragon, and pepper. Bring to boiling. Add chicken breasts; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Turn chicken over; add apple slices and green onions. Cover and simmer 4 to 5 minutes more or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- With a slotted spoon remove chicken and apples; keep warm. Reserve cooking liquid.
- In a small bowl stir together the water and cornstarch. Stir into liquid in skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Spoon over chicken and apples. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Poached Chicken Breasts with Apples)
- Per serving:
- 182 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- 72 mg chol.,
- 111 mg sodium,
- 10 g carb.,
- 27 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet