- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 cup apple juice or apple cider
- 1/2 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- dash of pepper
- 4 small (12 ounces total) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 medium apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1. In a 10-inch skillet combine apple juice, bouillon granules, garlic, tarragon, and pepper. Bring to boiling. Add chicken breasts; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 7 minutes.
2. Turn chicken over; add apple slices and green onions. Cover and simmer 4 to 5 minutes more or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
3. With a slotted spoon remove chicken and apples; keep warm. Reserve cooking liquid.
4. In a small bowl stir together the water and cornstarch. Stir into liquid in skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Spoon over chicken and apples. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 182,
- Fat, total (g) 3,
- chol. (mg) 72,
- carb. (g) 10,
- pro. (g) 27,
- sodium (mg) 111,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet