Poached Chicken Breasts with Apples
- In a 10-inch skillet combine apple juice, bouillon granules, garlic, tarragon, and pepper. Bring to boiling. Add chicken breasts; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Turn chicken over; add apple slices and green onions. Cover and simmer 4 to 5 minutes more or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- With a slotted spoon remove chicken and apples; keep warm. Reserve cooking liquid.
- In a small bowl stir together the water and cornstarch. Stir into liquid in skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Spoon over chicken and apples. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Poached Chicken Breasts with Apples)
- Per serving:
- 182 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- 72 mg chol.,
- 111 mg sodium,
- 10 g carb.,
- 27 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet