- If desired, remove skin from chicken. Place the chicken in a plastic bag set in a shallow bowl.
- For marinade, in a medium mixing bowl gradually stir water into peanut butter. (The mixture will stiffen at first.) Stir in chili sauce, soy sauce, the 2 tablespoons salad oil, the 2 tablespoons vinegar, the garlic, ginger, and red pepper. Pour over chicken. Seal bag; turn to coat chicken with marinade. Chill in refrigerator for at least 12 hours or up to 24 hours; turn occasionally.
- For salsa, in a medium mixing bowl combine chopped fruit, cucumber, green onion, sugar, the 1 tablespoon oil, and the 1 tablespoon vinegar. Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to 2 hours.
- In a grill with a cover, arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above the pan. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken on the grill rack over the drip pan but not over the coals. Cover and grill chicken for 45 to 50 minutes or until tender and cooked through. Spoon some of the salsa over chicken; pass the remaining salsa. If desired, serve with hot cooked rice. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Peanut-Ginger Chicken)
- Per serving:
- 455 kcal cal.,
- 30 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 103 mg chol.,
- 715 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 34 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet