Oriental Chicken Salad with Soy-Ginger Dressing
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain; set aside. (You should have 2 cups.)
- Meanwhile, for soy-ginger dressing, in a screw-top jar combine olive oil or salad oil, lime juice, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. Cover and shake well. Chill dressing until serving time. Shake dressing well before using.
- In a 10-inch skillet place green onion, parsley sprigs, and lemon slices. Add enough water to fill to a depth of 1 inch. Bring to boiling; add chicken. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Drain; discard liquid and seasoning. Cool chicken; cut into bite-sized strips.
- In a salad bowl combine chicken, Boston lettuce, red or green sweet pepper, orange sections, bamboo shoots, and cooked Chinese noodles. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour or up to 2 hours. To serve, pour soy-ginger dressing over salad. Toss gently to mix. Garnish with lime slices, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Oriental Chicken Salad with Soy-Ginger Dressing)
- Per serving:
- 213 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 52 mg chol.,
- 386 mg sodium,
- 14 g carb.,
- 18 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet