Oriental Chicken Pasta Salad
ounces packaged dried square spaghetti, spaghetti, or linguine
8 ounce package frozen baby corn or one 8-3/4-ounce can baby corn, drained
cups chopped cooked chicken (8 ounces)
small cucumber, thinly bias-sliced
small red or green sweet pepper, cut into bite-size strips
medium carrot, thinly bias-sliced (1/2 cup)
green onions, thinly sliced (1/4 cup)
cup tarragon vinegar or rice vinegar
cup olive oil or salad oil
tablespoons soy sauce
teaspoon toasted sesame oil
teaspoon dry mustard
bottled hot pepper sauce
Fresh cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; rinse with cold water. Drain again.
- If using frozen corn, cook according to package directions. Drain corn; rinse with cold water. Drain again.
- In a large mixing bowl combine pasta, corn, chicken, cucumber, red or green sweet pepper, carrot, and green onions. Toss gently to mix.
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine vinegar, olive or salad oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, mustard, and bottled hot pepper sauce. Cover and shake well. Pour dressing over the pasta mixture. Toss to coat. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- To serve, gently toss pasta mixture. Serve on individual salad plates. If desired, garnish with fresh cilantro. Makes 4 main-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts(Oriental Chicken Pasta Salad)
- Per serving:
- 501 kcal cal.,
- 20 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 51 mg chol.,
- 834 mg sodium,
- 54 g carb.,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet