- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 cup reduced-calorie or regular mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 4 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 30 whole wheat or regular rich round crackers, finely crushed (1-1/4 cups)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- dash pepper
1. Stir together mayonnaise or salad dressing, mustard, and honey in a small bowl. Set aside to serve the dip warm or cold.
2. Cut chicken into 1-1/2-inch pieces. Combine flour, parsley, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper in a plastic bag. Add chicken pieces, a few at a time, to the flour mixture. Close the bag; shake to coat chicken pieces. Set chicken aside.
3. Combine beaten egg and milk in a bowl. Place crushed crackers in another bowl. Dip flour-coated chicken pieces, one-fourth at a time, into the egg-and-milk mixture. Roll the pieces in crackers. Place in a single layer on a large ungreased baking sheet. Bake in a 425 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes until chicken is no longer pink.
4. To serve the dip warm, cover with waxed paper and cook in a microwave oven on 100 percent power (high) for 30 seconds or until heated through. (Or, place dip in a saucepan, heat and stir over low heat, and spoon into a serving bowl.) Makes 8 servings.
- Prepare the coating mixtures; cover and set aside. Cut up chicken; cover and chill up to 12 hours. Assemble and bake before serving.
- Combine 6 medium cored and quartered tomatoes, 1/4 cup chopped onion, and 1 dried chipotle chili pepper, crumbled, in saucepan. Bring to boiling; stir often. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes. Press through food mill or sieve; discard the seeds and skins. Return mixture to saucepan; stir in 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes, stirring often. Makes about 1 cup.
- Nutrition facts per tablespoon: 25 cal., 0 g. total fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 72 mg sodium, 6 g carb.
- Stir together 1/2 cup plain yogurt or dairy sour cream and one 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened, in a small mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes or until fluffy. Stir in 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until serving time. To serve, if necessary, stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons milk to thin sauce to dipping consistency. Makes about 1 cup.
- Nutrition facts per tablespoon: 33 cal., 3 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 1 g carb.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 156,
- Fat, total (g) 9,
- chol. (mg) 33,
- carb. (g) 14,
- fiber (g) 0,
- pro. (g) 4,
- sodium (mg) 312,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet