Lemony Marinated Antipasto
pound spicy Italian chicken or turkey sausage links
tablespoon cooking oil
cup olive oil
teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
cup lemon juice
tablespoons snipped fresh basil leaves
teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, crushed
cloves garlic, minced
12 ounce jar roasted red sweet peppers, drained
ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
cup pitted kalamata olives
Fresh basil sprigs (optional)
- Cook sausage links in cooking oil in a medium skillet over medium heat for 10 minutes or until cooked through, turning frequently to brown evenly. Remove sausage from heat and allow to cool. Cut in 1/4-inch-thick slices and set aside.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, whisk together olive oil, lemon peel, lemon juice, snipped basil, Italian seasoning, and garlic in a small bowl; set aside. Cut roasted red peppers into bite-size strips.
- Layer sausage, red pepper strips, and olives in a 2-quart jar or two 1-quart jars. Pour dressing into jar(s), cover tightly, and refrigerate for 1 to 2 days. Turn jar(s) upside down occasionally to distribute the dressing.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Arrange on a platter; add cheese and garnish with basil sprigs, if desired. Makes 12 to 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Lemony Marinated Antipasto)
- Per serving:
- 222 kcal cal.,
- 17 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 36 mg chol.,
- 550 mg sodium,
- 5 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 13 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet