15 ounce container refrigerated tomato-basil or marinara sauce
purchased broiled or roasted chicken breast halves (about 8 ounces cooked meat)
oil-packed dried tomato halves, drained
cup shredded mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)
green onion, sliced
Nonstick cooking spray
6-inch flour tortillas
- In a small saucepan, heat sauce until heated through. Meanwhile, remove bones from chicken; cut meat into bite-size strips.
- Finely chop dried tomatoes. Toss together the chicken, tomatoes, 1/2 cup of the cheese, and green onion.
- To assemble enchiladas, coat a 2-quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread 2 tablespoons of the pasta sauce over bottom of the dish. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture just below center of each tortilla. Roll up. Place seam-side down in dish.
- Pour remaining pasta sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. If desired, garnish with sliced green onions.
From the Test Kitchen
1 vegetable, 3 starch, 2 fat, 4 very-lean meat.
Nutrition Facts(Italian-Style Enchiladas)
- Per serving:
- 450 kcal cal.,
- 17 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 93 mg chol.,
- 1058 mg sodium,
- 40 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 36 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet