Italian Chicken Spirals
- Place a chicken breast half, boned side up, between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Pound chicken lightly to 1/4-inch thickness. Repeat with remaining chicken breast halves. Set aside.
- Place spinach leaves in a colander; pour boiling water over leaves in the colander set in sink. Drain spinach on paper towels.
- Place a chicken breast half, smooth side down, on a cutting board or other flat surface. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange a slice of prosciutto on chicken. Spread a rounded tablespoon of cheese evenly over prosciutto. Arrange a spinach leaf on top.
- Roll chicken tightly from one long edge and place, seam side down, in a greased shallow baking pan. Repeat with remaining chicken breast halves. Combine olive oil and paprika; brush over chicken.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink; cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate several hours.
For Basil Mayonnaise:
- Combine mayonnaise, fresh basil, shallot, and garlic in a food processor bowl or blender container. Cover and process or blend until almost smooth. Cover and chill up to 4 hours.
- To serve, trim off ends of chicken rolls. Cut each chicken roll into 6 slices. Arrange slices on serving plate. Serve with Basil Mayonnaise spooned into a sweet pepper half and garnish with fresh basil, if desired. Makes 36 appetizers.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare chicken. Cover and chill up to 8 hours. Prepare mayonnaise. Cover and chill up to 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Italian Chicken Spirals)
- Per serving:
- 84 kcal ,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 20 mg chol. ,
- 75 mg sodium ,
- 0 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 6 g pro.