Huli Huli Pork
In Hawaiian, huli means to turn over. Huli huli grilled meat often starts with a teriyaki marinade. This version provides fantastic flavor and also can be used on chicken.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Marinate: 4 hrs to 24 hrs
- Grill: 35 mins to 40 mins
Huli Huli Pork
pork tenderloins (about 1-pound each)
cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
tablespoons packed brown sugar
tablespoons sweet Mirin cooking wine or lime juice
tablespoon grated fresh ginger
cloves garlic, minced
Lime wedges and fresh herbs (optional)
- Place pork in a large, heavy self-sealing plastic bag set in a shallow dish; set aside.
- For marinade, in a small bowl combine the ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, wine or lime juice, ginger, and garlic. Remove 3/4 cup of the mixture to a small bowl; cover and chill until needed. Pour remaining mixture over pork; seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain pork, reserving marinade. For a charcoal grill arrange hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium-high heat above the pan. Place pork on grill rack over pan. Cover and grill 20 minutes. Brush with drained marinade. Cover and grill 15 to 20 minutes more or until an instant-read thermometer registers 155 degrees F when inserted into the thickest part of the meat. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium-high. Adjust for indirect cooking. Grill as above.) Remove pork from grill. Cover pork with foil and let stand 10 minutes before slicing. (The meat's temperature will rise 5 degrees F during standing.)
- Meanwhile, place reserved sauce mixture in a small saucepan; heat through. Pass sauce with pork. Garnish with lime wedges and fresh herbs. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Huli Huli Pork)
- Per serving:
- 206 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 74 mg chol.,
- 652 mg sodium,
- 17 g carb.,
- 15 g sugar,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesChocolate Desserts, Christmas Recipes, Cocktail Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Fourth of July Recipes, Grilling Recipes, Halloween Recipes, Healthy Breakfast Recipes, Healthy Dinner Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Lunch Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart Healthy Dinners, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Cholesterol Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Marinades and Rubs, Pork Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Quick and Easy Recipes, Seasonal Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes