- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 12 chicken wings (about 2 pounds)
- Cooking oil for deep-fat frying
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 2 ounce bottle hot pepper sauce (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Fresh basil (optional)
1. Cut off and discard tips of chicken wings. Cut wing at joints to make 24 pieces. Rinse pieces and pat dry. Fry wing pieces, a few at a time, in deep hot oil (375 degrees F) for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Keep pieces warm in a 300 degree F oven while frying remaining pieces. Transfer wings to serving dish.
2. In a saucepan melt margarine or butter. Stir in hot pepper sauce. Pour over wings, turning to coat.
3. For dipping sauce, in a small mixing bowl stir together sour cream, mayonnaise or salad dressing, basil, parsley, and milk. Serve wings with dipping sauce. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired. Makes 8 to 12 appetizer servings.
- Prepare dipping sauce; cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 331,
- Fat, total (g) 30,
- chol. (mg) 51,
- sat. fat (g) 8,
- carb. (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 14,
- vit. A (RE) 124,
- vit. C (mg) 6,
- sodium (mg) 166,
- calcium (mg) 20,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet