Grilled Cajun Chicken Sandwich
skinless, boneless medium chicken breast halves (about 12 ounces total)
Olive oil or cooking oil
teaspoon Cajun seasoning
ounces Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
tablespoons Thousand Island salad dressing
bottled hot pepper sauce
Roasted or fresh red sweet pepper strips
Kaiser or whole wheat buns, split and toasted
- Rinse chicken; pat dry. Place each breast, boned side up, between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Working from center to edges, pound lightly with the flat side of a mallet until chicken is just less than 1/2 inch thick.
- Brush with oil; sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. Grill or broil as directed.
- Spread buns with Thousand Island salad dressing mixed with a few dashes bottled hot pepper sauce. Top with roasted or fresh red sweet pepper strips, lettuce, and bun tops. Makes 4 servings.
- Arrange chicken on a grill rack. Grill, uncovered, directly over medium coals for 12 to 15 minutes or until no pink remains, turning once. Add cheese the last 2 minutes of grilling.
To cook by direct grill method:
From the Test Kitchen
Arrange the chicken on an unheated broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until no pink remains, turning once. Add cheese the last minute of cooking.
Nutrition Facts(Grilled Cajun Chicken Sandwich)
- Per serving:
- 421 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 72 mg chol.,
- 582 mg sodium,
- 33 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 29 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet