- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 skinless, boneless medium chicken breast halves (about 12 ounces total)
- Olive oil or cooking oil
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- 2 - 4 tablespoons Thousand Island salad dressing
- bottled hot pepper sauce
- Roasted or fresh red sweet pepper strips
- Lettuce leaves
- 4 Kaiser or whole wheat buns, split and toasted
1. Rinse chicken; pat dry. Place each breast, boned side up, between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Working from center to edges, pound lightly with the flat side of a mallet until chicken is just less than 1/2 inch thick.
2. Brush with oil; sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. Grill or broil as directed.
3. Spread buns with Thousand Island salad dressing mixed with a few dashes bottled hot pepper sauce. Top with roasted or fresh red sweet pepper strips, lettuce, and bun tops. Makes 4 servings.To cook by direct grill method::
4. Arrange chicken on a grill rack. Grill, uncovered, directly over medium coals for 12 to 15 minutes or until no pink remains, turning once. Add cheese the last 2 minutes of grilling.
- Arrange the chicken on an unheated broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until no pink remains, turning once. Add cheese the last minute of cooking.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 421,
- Fat, total (g) 18,
- chol. (mg) 72,
- sat. fat (g) 7,
- carb. (g) 33,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 29,
- vit. A (RE) 206,
- vit. C (mg) 51,
- sodium (mg) 582,
- calcium (mg) 232,
- iron (mg) 4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet