Grilled Cajun Chicken Sandwich
Thousand Island dressing cools the heat from the Cajun seasoning and bottled hot pepper sauce in these grilled sandwiches.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Grill: 12 mins
- Rinse chicken; pat dry. Place each breast, boned side up, between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Working from center to edges, pound lightly with the flat side of a mallet until chicken is just less than 1/2 inch thick.
- Brush with oil; sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. Grill or broil as directed.
- Spread buns with Thousand Island salad dressing mixed with a few dashes bottled hot pepper sauce. Top with roasted or fresh red sweet pepper strips, lettuce, and bun tops. Makes 4 servings. To cook by direct grill method:
- Arrange chicken on a grill rack. Grill, uncovered, directly over medium coals for 12 to 15 minutes or until no pink remains, turning once. Add cheese the last 2 minutes of grilling.
Arrange the chicken on an unheated broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until no pink remains, turning once. Add cheese the last minute of cooking.
- Per serving:
- 421 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 72 mg chol.,
- 582 mg sodium,
- 33 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 29 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet