Curried Pasta and Chicken Salad
cups chopped cooked chicken (about 8 ounces)
cup coarsely chopped apple
cup chopped celery
cup finely chopped onion
cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
cup plain yogurt
teaspoon curry powder
cup cashews or peanuts
tablespoons milk (optional)
Lettuce leaves (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; rinse with cold water. Drain again.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cooked pasta, chicken, apple, celery, and onion.
- For dressing, in a small mixing bowl stir together mayonnaise or salad dressing, yogurt, curry powder, and salt. Pour dressing over pasta mixture. Toss to coat. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- Just before serving, stir cashews or peanuts into pasta mixture. If necessary, stir in milk. If desired, serve salad in lettuce-lined bowls. Makes 4 main-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts(Curried Pasta and Chicken Salad)
- Per serving:
- 376 kcal cal.,
- 23 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 63 mg chol.,
- 244 mg sodium,
- 21 g carb.,
- 21 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet