Crispy Chicken Nuggets with Honey-Mustard Dip
cup low-fat mayonnaise dressing or salad dressing
teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
teaspoon dried parsley flakes
teaspoon poultry seasoning
Dash black pepper
whole wheat or regular rich round crackers, finely crushed (1 1/4 cups)
- For honey-mustard dip, in a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise dressing, mustard, and honey. Cover and chill until serving time.
- Cut chicken into 1-1/2-inch pieces. In a plastic bag combine flour, parsley flakes, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add chicken pieces, a few at a time, to the flour mixture. Close the bag; shake to coat chicken pieces. Set chicken aside.
- In a bowl stir together egg and milk. Place crushed crackers in another bowl. Dip coated chicken pieces, a few at a time, into the egg mixture. Roll the pieces in crackers. Place in a single layer on a large ungreased baking sheet. Bake in a 425 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve with cold or warm honey-mustard dip. To warm dip, cover with waxed paper and microwave on 100-percent power (high) for 30 seconds or until heated through. (Or, transfer dip to a small saucepan; heat and stir over low heat.) Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Crispy Chicken Nuggets with Honey-Mustard Dip)
- Per serving:
- 354 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 126 mg chol.,
- 637 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 31 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet