Creamy Turkey Pie
Refrigerated biscuits form the crust for the creamy turkey and mushroom filling.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Bake: 25 mins to 30 mins 350°F
- Stand: 5 mins
Creamy Turkey Pie
pound ground raw turkey or ground turkey sausage
cup chopped onion
3 ounce package cream cheese, cubed
4 1/2 ounce jar sliced mushrooms, drained
package (10) refrigerated biscuits
cup cream-style cottage cheese
tablespoon all-purpose flour
Chopped tomato (optional)
Snipped chives (optional)
- In a large skillet cook turkey or turkey sausage and onion until meat is browned, stirring to break up meat. Drain off any fat. Stir in cream cheese until combined; add mushrooms. Set aside.
- For crust, lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate. Unwrap biscuits and separate. Arrange biscuits in pie plate, pressing onto the bottom and up sides of the plate, extending biscuits about 1/2-inch above pie plate. With kitchen scissors, cut edge of biscuits at half-inch intervals, if desired. Spoon turkey mixture into shell, spreading evenly.
- In blender container or food processor bowl combine egg, cottage cheese, and flour. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Spoon over turkey mixture. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are browned and filling is set. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into wedges. Garnish with tomato and chives, if desired. Makes 6 main-dish servings.
From the Test Kitchen
If using ground turkey, add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to meat mixture.
Nutrition Facts (Creamy Turkey Pie)
- 382 kcal cal.;
- 22 g Fat, total;
- 111 mg chol.;
- 9 g sat. fat;
- 26 g carb.;
- 22 g pro.;
- 40 mg calcium;
- 1164 mg sodium;
- 103 RE vit. A;
- 3 mg vit. C;
- 2 mg iron
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet