- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 8 ounces pasta (such as linguine, bow ties, penne, or rotelle)
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon snipped Italian parsley
- 1 10 ounce container refrigerated light alfredo sauce
- 3/4 cup oil-pack dried tomatoes, drained and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh basil (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook shallots and garlic in hot olive oil over medium-high heat for 30 seconds. Add chicken. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Drain fat. Carefully add wine or broth, snipped basil, and parsley. Cook for 1 minute more.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine cooked pasta, chicken mixture, alfredo sauce, dried tomatoes, milk, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, and pepper.
3. Transfer to a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 to 15 minutes more or until heated through and top is slightly golden. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
- Prepare casserole except do not bake. Cover with foil and chill up to 24 hours. Bake in a 350 degree F. oven for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 to 15 minutes more or until heated through and top is slightly golden.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 428,
- Fat, total (g) 16,
- chol. (mg) 58,
- sat. fat (g) 7,
- carb. (g) 45,
- pro. (g) 24,
- vit. A (RE) 155,
- vit. C (mg) 18,
- sodium (mg) 640,
- calcium (mg) 222,
- iron (mg) 3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet