- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 beaten egg
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped toasted almonds
- 2 tablespoons snipped dried cranberries or snipped golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves or allspice
- 1/2 pound ground raw chicken or turkey
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup catsup
- 1 8 ounce can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1. For meatballs, in a large bowl combine egg, bread crumbs, almonds, cranberries or raisins, onion, and cloves or allspice. Add ground chicken or turkey and pork; mix well. Shape into 30 meatballs.
2. Lightly coat a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Place meatballs in pan. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until done (165 degrees F).
3. Meanwhile, in a 10-inch skillet stir together catsup, cranberry sauce, vinegar, and dry mustard. Add baked meatballs; stir gently to coat. Heat through. Transfer to a 1-quart crockery cooker. Cover and keep warm on low-heat setting up to 2 hours. Makes 30 meatballs (30 servings).
- Up to 1 day ahead, make and shape meatballs. Place on the baking sheet and refrigerate. Two hours before serving, bake meatballs and continue as directed.