Cranberry-Sauced Meatballs Appetizer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For meatballs, in a very large bowl, beat egg with a fork. Stir in bread crumbs, dried cranberries or raisins, onion, salt, and cloves or allspice. Add ground chicken or turkey; mix well. Shape into 60 meatballs.
- Lightly coat a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place meatballs in pan.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until done (165 degrees F).*
- Meanwhile, in a 3-1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker, stir together cranberry sauce and barbecue sauce. Add cooked meatballs, stirring gently to coat. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 2 to 3 hours or on high-heat setting for 1 to 1-1/2 hours. (Meatballs may be kept warm on low-heat setting for up to 1 hour more.) Serve with toothpicks. Makes 60 meatballs.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare meatballs as directed through step 2. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours. Continue as directed in steps 3 and 4, using the maximum timings to bake and to heat in slow cooker.
The internal color of a meatball is not a reliable doneness indicator. A poultry meatball cooked to 165 degrees F is safe, regardless of color. To measure the doneness of a meatball, insert an instant-read thermometer into the center of meatball.
Nutrition Facts (Cranberry-Sauced Meatballs Appetizer)
- Per serving:
- 45 kcal cal.,
- 1 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 4 mg chol.,
- 107 mg sodium,
- 5 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet